With over 14 years of marketing and communications experience, Kara Whittington is a seasoned professional delivering breakthrough revenue results through established and new media marketing strategies.
- Creative leader and driving force behind marketing organizations and programs that build strong brands across multiple industries.
- Demonstrated ability to increase revenue using both digital and traditional methods to create sophisticated advertising and lead generation solutions.
- Excels in leveraging marketing budgets with innovative sponsorships and strategic partnerships.
Non-profit arts administration experience with:
- Arts + Culture LA (a non-profit funded by the Eli and Edythe L. Broad Foundation in partnership with the Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board)
- Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music, Santa Cruz
- Cantor Arts Center, Stanford University
- Computer History Museum, San Jose
- Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco: the de Young Museum and the Legion of Honor
- Los Angeles Opera
- Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl
- Los Angeles Master Chorale
- Music Center of Los Angeles County
- Saint Francis Foundation at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, Dignity Health
- San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA)
- San Francisco Performances
- San Francisco Symphony
- Santa Rosa Symphony
Private sector experience, including: